SATA Job Posting - Junior Team Tennis Coordinator
JTT Coordinator -- San Antonio Tennis Association, Inc.
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to be involved in an innovative, entrepreneurial, well-established and well-known organization? Are you a leader who loves to work with juniors and families while providing excellent customer service? Then this role might just be in your court!
The San Antonio Tennis Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization located in San Antonio, Texas. The JTT Coordinator will serve as a key member of the San Antonio Tennis Association Programs Department and will also work closely with all tennis facilities and junior players. This position reports to the Programs Director and is based out the employee’s home office.
• Create, set up, maintain and manage annual JTT leagues and schedules.
• Help run and assist with at least one JTT sectionals tournament.
• Communicate regularly with parents, players, providers, coaches and USTA employees about JTT in a timely manner.
• Ability to remain confidential and impartial in regards to player and team issues.
• Identify and resolve local league issues while keeping the Programs Director and Executive Director informed.
• Enforce and abide by all local, Section and National JTT Regulations.
• Assist in planning and facilitate ongoing JTT trainings and continue to develop the necessary training curriculum as required.
• Embrace the USTA mission “to promote and develop the growth of tennis” with commitment, enthusiasm, and vision.
• Assist new players in joining existing teams, or connecting players to organize new teams.
• Provide goals, objectives and metrics on a regular basis.
• Attend staff training and meetings as directed by Programs Director and/or Executive Director.
• Perform data entry (which may include scores, registrations and scheduling, etc.).
• Prioritize, multi-task, show confidence, and be a quick learner.
• Actively participate on USTA National conference calls and USTA Texas meetings and calls.
• This will be a contractor type of job to manage the three JTT seasons in the San Antonio Area.
• Additional JTT duties as assigned by Programs Director or Executive Manager.
Requirements and Work Style:
• Knowledge about USTA National JTT and Texas Rules and Regulations preferred.
• Knowledge of USTA Tennislink preferred.
• Ability to work independently from a home office and clubs/facilities as needed.
• Ability and availability to act as a tournament director (as well as travel when needed).
• Prior demonstrations of organization skills and prioritizing.
• Strong interest and passion for junior tennis programs and initiatives.
• Self-starter with can-do attitude. Strong and enthusiastic team player.
• Strong administrative and data management skills with experience using MS Excel and Word.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with established club pro’s, high school coaches, park and recreation management, parents, and represent SATA, Inc. professionally.
• Proven sales and customer service mentality, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.